Wednesday, July 27, 2011

what's cookin' wednesday!

Chocolate croissants, that's what! Happy Wednesday! My son opted out of making breakast (he wanted to watch "bubble guppies"- a show from the gym and eat boring 'ol lucky charms). Em was running around in her apron and toque shouting "I bake, I bake chalk-yyy." [Her word for "chocolate".] Since she was helping, we just did it the easy way- croissants with chocolate chips drizzled with bakers chocolate.



 

Mmmmm!

Perfect-o!

Random fact: The -least- successful Harry Potter film made over 90 million more than the MOST successful Twilight film. Hmmm, that's because Harry Potter is amazing, and Twilight is teenage girl drama. :)

I could rant about how my daughter scribbled all over my white kitchen wall today while I got dressed and I had to use FOUR magic erasers to get it off. I could tell you how my dogs made a mess in their kennel (the smelly kind) after just having been outside for 2 hours and that I had to get up and clean it at 4:30 a.m. I could tell you that I am sad and that I miss my husband. I could say that I'm always in pain sitting, laying down, standing, walking, running- my back hurts constatly [still] because my drs office is incompetent and never treated me 8 months ago when I was first seen.

But my daughter is almost 3, and she's never done anything like that until the last few days. My dogs are dogs, I chose to have them. My husband is safe and sound and I at least get to talk to him (almost) whenever I want or need to. And I have insurance to go to a better dr to help with my back. I got to lay around and play with my kiddos till they were turning colors from laughing so hard. Even when it's difficult, it could be worse. Forcing things into perspective because it's all I can do some days. This too shall pass.



No comments:

Post a Comment