Sunday, July 24, 2011

No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.

50th blog post- wooo hoo!

Okay, sorry. I just had to get that out there. K-man got a Thomas the train catalog today from his pa-pa and has informed me that even though it's 10 (almost 9) months away, he wants a Thomas the train birthday and he would also like every single thing IN the catalog. ha. Good luck with that, little man. Ask your daddy. Em, I've just decided at some point in her life, will have a baking birthday party. I just found the MOST adorable cooking birthday party in the universe. it's here: So cute! What's amazing? It was done in TEXAS! And I can likely duplicate much of the idea. :) She needs to be at least kindergarten age for it to work out, and I will probably have to have mucho help as well as friends to invite (since we will most likely not be living here at that point). But, it must be done.

We had some fun the last few days. Photo sessions with the wee ones, and I think 3 or 4 good photos is enough to make me feel accomplished. Her party invites (tickets!) are printed and ready to be mailed (but I'm putting that off so they're not TOO early and people lose them). My amazing husband called me randomly from a hobby lobby while I was on the treadmill this morning and without even SEEING the things I bought for E's party, sent me a picture of the SAME cake stand I purchased (and have been searching for with no luck because it's clearanced out of every Hobby Lobby in the area). Great minds, eh? Yeah, he's my soulmate. I had my grandma and cousins over on Friday to practice one of the recipes (and for something for the kiddos to do, that's important).




Fit for a princess party!! :)

Here are a few from our photo sessions. The intent was for Em's birthday photos to send out with her invites. These are the ones I love the most.






That's all for now. :)

Ohh, p.s. waking up feeling good about myself (looking cute in my dress) and losing a whole pound makes 1 hour pushing myself on the treadmill yesterday (and waking up sore today) worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment