Monday, July 18, 2011

You're the meaning in my life, you're the inspiration.

Ahhh, a month and a half! I am really resisting the urge to set up a table in my kitchen and start toying around with the layout of Em's Princess extravaganza royal finger food (ha) display. Okay, she's going to be 3... but she's probably the only daughter I will EVER have, and this is as close to "catering" or "event planning" as I'm gonna get for awhile. Plus, when I -do- get there, my kiddo's parties are good guinea pigs to figure out what works and what doesn't. It's much easier for me when I can physically SEE how things work out and look... but I still have a month and a half so that might look sort of ridiculous if someone were to come over. "Ohh, pretty! When's the party?".... "Uh, September." Yeah, I'm that mom. But the "magic" doesn't happen overnight. I find all this nifty stuff at thrift stores or on clearance (I love you, Target!) so this year I intend to set up a table outside with places for each of the girls. I love that they sell them all in a book with perforated edges- placemats, napkin rings, etc.

For food:
Chocolate fountain
strawberries
pretzels
marshmallows
Cookies (maybe)

Choc. Covered strawberries (already finished)
Veggie pizza
Fruit pizza

It's a lot of work, but I wanted to make rice krispie treats in "royal" shapes for the kids to decorate, but I do it all myself, so I'm not sure how realistic that is. I entertained the idea of homemade powdered sugar donuts (like whatever Princess Tiana made in PATF) or tea party type menu (just dainty sugar cookies) for princess Belle. I just want something different from my fall-backs the last 2 years for the kid's parties. There's so much to think about and plan, and for the most cost-effective route, I guess I don't feel bad for being this far ahead of the game. :) Now I just need some really good, semi-nutritious ideas for party finger foods.... so, shoot! Comment here, message me, whatever. I need to be inspired. :) We're having strawberry lemonade with raspberry ice cubes.

These are cute, but also a lot of work- and wasteful since you're throwing the rest of the sandwich away. And waht would you put inside? How do you keep them from drying it out before the guests arrive?
I love this also! But still a lot of work. Hubby is always busy getting things ready outside (the moon bounce castle!) so I'd have to have help, I think. And probably a deep freezer for extra space.

I considered caramel corn- like 'royal golden popcorn' or something. And as much as I love it, I have NO idea how to make it.

It's coming together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment