Monday, January 10, 2011

There's no business like snow business.

Snow used to immediately stress me out... it's wet and cold and dangerous to drive in. But today it made me feel calm, happy and a little bit giddy. Almost makes me want a Christmas do-over (minus the gifts and hoop-lah)... dinner, hot chocolate, playing in the snow and snuggling under the blankets. We did all of the above except a large meal, it was chicken noodle soup a la Campbells with grilled cheese. Fancy, right? I'm still trying to cook new recipes- but I will NOT be setting a goal for this year. Tomorrow is a garlic cheddar chicken recipe, pretty excited about that one.

I somehow managed to injure my back while sleeping... go figure. Didn't hurt when I went to bed but was throbbing when I woke up. I still managed to shovel my entire driveway and get the kiddos outside for some fun and a photoshoot. I love the way the world seems to stop when there's a ton of snow on the ground. Everyone re-thinks whether they REALLY need to leave the house or not... it's peaceful and pure and beautiful. Not to mention (yes, I'm a weirdo) that it makes for gorgeous photographs. It makes me miss my husband even more since it's always our "family" thing... but there's always later in the year.

Here are some photos from our snow day adventure!










Great, great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment