Friday, April 29, 2011

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

I wish adults made friends and trusted as easily as children. Maybe it's because we've been given reason to know better, but it's still sort of sad. We took the kiddos to the park this week and another family showed up that we didn't know (actually, the mom sat in the car while her 4 children, including tiny toddlers ran around crazy). Anyway- while I was busy thinking "This lady has a 2 year old (and probably a 3 or 4 year old in addition to the 2 older kids) and she's seriously sitting in her van 200 yards away on the phone. Does she care that they could get hurt and she wouldn't be there to catch them or take care of them?", which is legitimate, my kids couldn't have cared less. To them, it was just a potential friend or someone to play with for the time being. As much as I wasn't a fan of this particular group of kids (or their apathetic mother), I think adults can learn from children about how to treat people.

Tonight K-monster and I were talking on the way home and he goes "I love you, Ash-wee." I looked at him and said "What are you supposed to call me?" He says "Mommy." So I told him he was right and not to call me by my first name. His response? "But my daddy calls you 'Ashley.'" He was so matter-of-fact and had the sweetest, most sincere look on his face like he genuinely was confused. haha. So stinking cute.

My babygirl has come to a point where she almost will NOT wear regular clothes. Do I love having a girly girl? Absolutely. Do I love that I can't throw some capris and a shirt on her and head out the door? Not at all. lol. If I do, she's changing her clothes and digging for a tutu or princess dress. Gotta love her! Sh

It's been really awesome having a workout partner and someone to push me beyond what I would push myself. I've lost 4 lbs since last week and I feel GREAT. Working on my endurance as well as my other goals- feeling focused! Otherwise, not much going on. Trading out my bathroom theme from "Cars" to something a little more grown up- I'm enjoying it more since I found the new shower curtain for $3 when I just saw it for $8 last week, and the matching rug was only $2. I heart Target clearance. Fort-wide garage sales tomorrow with my friend across the street at 0500! I'm a little bit addicted to "greek" right now, and even more addicted to netflix! That's all. :)

“Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends.”


Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment