Sunday, April 17, 2011

Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.

K: "I have some hiccups, mom. They won't stop. I really have hiccups in my MOUTH!" Poor kid. I have no idea what even made them go away... but they did. I used to get them all the time as a kid (there was much joy in my childhood- lots of laughing equals lots of hiccups) so I have no doubt my kids will be the same. Em used to get them all the time while I was pregnant with her but has yet to get them on the "outside". Knock on wood. They were pretty good today, I needed that. I cannot wait to put their Easter baskets together and see their faces... happy, happy, happy! Goodness, I cannot believe that K's 4th birthday is just around the corner. Not this upcoming Tuesday, but the one following is our fondant class- I really want to learn to use it so I can make the cake I planned for him. Race track base tier, middle tier with checked flag or something and the top tier just solid red with a car/trophy or 4 on top. I have a dream. :)

I am starting to feel my kitchen love again. I just want to buy a new cookbook (the new Taste of Home cookbook to be precise), fill it up with post-it notes and do it!! I think I'll start by finally making that red velvet cake- the one I've been neglecting since my birthday. I bookmarked a few in my allrecipes.com box that I'm pretty excited about. I've been craving some fruit dip since all the good stuff is finally in season! Mmm! I managed to clean almost my entire house in one day. There's still garage sale junk everywhere- but once that's gone, I'll be good to go! I'm thankful that I'll actual be prepared and have stickers on everything (as well as have it on the tables, etc) BEFORE garage sale day. Not my normal style...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Funnel-Cakes-III/Detail.aspx
Because I crave them ALL the time and never have a place to get them.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Strawberry-Pretzel-Salad-2/Detail.aspx
Because I had it once as a kid and am completely in LOVE with it.

I really, really, realllllly miss Amish friendship bread. I hate that mine died when I had a lot of stuff going on... it was our favorite and the kids loved it for breakfast. I should've attempted to make it the healthy way and tried more than just 2 or 3 variations. sigh. Someday! :)

Hubbs should be here in a few hours.. hence the cleaning. haha. We have him for about a week, so that will be good. I am so completely drained that I feel as though I have no thoughts legitimate enough to share with you.. I've got nothin'. haha. Tomorrow (or maybe the next day..) I will do better.

I'm halfway through season 5 of Grey's for the 2nd time. I've decided that while I am loving seeing the actor who plays Denney back on screen and I don't even mind that they brought him back to bring out Izzy's tumor.. their "intimate" relationship is just unnecessary and disturbing. And the character of "Sadie" drives me up the wall- glad she didn't last. Did I mention that my favorite soap is getting cancelled? Pretty bummed. Guess I might have to find something productive to do with that hour. :)

Also, my kids looked really cute for church today.



If you read, follow me. :) It takes 5 seconds to enter your email and you don't need an account!

No comments:

Post a Comment