Monday, April 25, 2011

And thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen.



I have 2 or 3 new projects I'm working on, but there are a few that will be ongoing. Scrapbooking our TX vacation as well as catching up on Em's first year (and after). Last week I went to legends with the babies last week for ice cream and stuff... ended up finding this awesome book for my princess. Some of my favorite memories with my grandma are in the kitchen. I want to share these same kinds of memories with both of my kiddos. This just happened to be for Em and I got one about fathers and sons to read to Kface while J is away.

Front cover

Inside.
There are slots for main dishes, side dishes, breakfast, desserts, etc. with "notes" pages as well as the recipe pages and where they came from! So I can save and pass down MY grandma's recipes to my baby girl and in my perfect sentimental mommy dream world, she would pass them down to her babies. I'm ecstatic to start filling it out.. the hard part is deciding which recipes are worthy. Sounds like a good excuse to test them, right?!? :)

We had my honey home for a week... it wasn't long enough but it never is. I swear, I could spend every day with him for 50 years and it wouldn't be enough. Cannot wait for another roadtrip to Texas for a few weeks! Anyway.. he was here for family reasons, but ended up being sick so we saw him more than planned. We took the kiddos to see "Hop", which was cute but ridicously cheesy. J even watched some "Grey's Anatomy" with me and I'm not certain, but I think he might've kinda liked it. Mayyyybe he just really loves me. Either way, he's the best. Otherwise, it was pretty productive as far as getting ready for the garage sale in 2 weeks and working on stuff around the house. Good family time that I think we all really needed. I'm such a lucky girl. :)

Movie night. <3

This makes my heart happy.

Playdate at the park!

Searching for bugs!

Em's flowers are growing! Mine and K's.. not at all.

Weekend playdate.
Wearing makeup.. normally not my thing.

My makeup artist slash life partner. Love her!

Easter outfits during their egg hunt.

Does it make me horribly vain to say that my children should be models? Because seriously.. I believe that. lol. I am pretty sure that every mother sees her child and feels her son or daughter is the most beautiful thing she's ever seen. That's the way it should be. So maybe I'm not awful for talking about how absolutely gorgeous mine are? haha. :)

It was an amazing week. Cannot wait til K's 4th birthday... another long family weekend! I have roughly a month to learn to use fondant, plan activities (we're thinking... bouncy castle!) and a menu. Who's excited for a "Cars" Party?! =)

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment