Thursday, April 14, 2011

"shut up! dance it out."

Another late night with my best friend "Grey's anatomy". Really I'm still up because I have a monstrous basket (really two, but I squeezed it into one basket because I feel better about it, ha!) of laundry that needs to be sorted, folded and put away. I figure if I stay up, I might as well be productive. I'm positively exhausted after 2-3 nights of sleeping AWFUL and today was long and really busy. I had to renew my Norton antivirus, drop off my mower at the small engine repair place (my dad is my hero for doing the lifting- I'm so thankful for him) and then try on my bridesmaid dress for his wedding! I love, love, LOVE it! I hate it when bride's say "You could totally shorten that and wear it again!" because it's rarely true. But in this case, I don't have to do a THING to that dress and I would wear it every chance I got! lol. Even if I didn't love it, I would wear it because the bride is a rockstar and I love her... but it really helps that I adore this dress. Picture? Okay. :)

It helps that I've gone dowwwwn a dress size since last time I tried them on. Woo! =)

So, retail therapy. I'm going to be totally and completely honest. I'm addicted to thrift stores and garage sales. If I'm shopping at an actual store, I don't enjoy things unless I get a deal on them and get that rush like I'm getting away with something. haha. Not actually, but sort of. Today for example: I got a $10 free gift from Kohl's in the mail. So if I spent $9.98 I wouldn't spend a cent of my own money. I didn't do a thing, but they send me presents like that all the time. So I wandered in there today just because I had this thing and figured "Why not?" I found a pair of jeans on clearance that my hubbs LOVED on me a few months ago when I tried them on. I didn't get them because they were like $50. I've spent more on jeans but kinda went 'Pssshhh. Not happening." I want to look good for my love, but I'm gonna have to look good for a little less moolah than that. Anyway.. I found these jeans on the clearance rack in my size (last pair, I'm a lucky girl like that) and they had no price tag on them! Booo. So I grabbed them expecting to find that they were full price and had been misplaced in the clearance area. Grabbed a new cami because I am really hard on them. Found a shirt for J and a picture board for Em's room. I had my $10 free and the lady gave me an extra 15% off just because I was nice to her. I spent $18 out of pocket and the grand total would've been $180 before clearance and discounts. We grabbed pizza hut on the way home because I was too tired to cook. Mmm! :)

I mowed my backyard this morning so all in all, it was a productive day! I am super excited because Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part 1 comes out tomorrow... also a little ticked off. I understand and appreciate that they're releasing them as 2 parts because it allows them to stick to the book. I wish they'd've done it with MORE of the HP movies. However, I refuse to pay for the bluray tomorrow when I know it's just part 1 and that in a year, parts 1 & 2 will be released together. Ya know? It's a bit of a rip-off. They release "lord of the rings" on dvd... and then 6+ months later release an extended version. What real fan wouldn't purchase the extended... but at the same time, what real fan wouldn't want to get it when it comes out? Boooooo hollywood! Nebraska furniture mart has HPDH for $9.99 tomorrow for the first 300 customers for regular DVD. Heck yeah! Gym (I got a Nike sensor to monitor my progress!) in the morning and then I think we're going to stay in and out of the yucky rain. No garage sale now because of the weather, but next weekend is just fine.

Not much else going on... K-face called me "sweetheart" all day long. They both drove me bonkers, but those sweet little things HAVE to count for more than the stressful stuff. Em is still in the phase where she won't leave her shoes on for anything... agh. I cannot wait for Old Navy to get a better selection of toddler flip floppies in!


If only the laundry fairy would come while I'm sleeping and sort, fold, put away for me. ha. If only! =)

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment