Tuesday, April 12, 2011

First I'm going to cry my eyes out, then I'm going to come back here and phyiscally fight you.

Ohhh, I love spring! lol. First off, before I forget... the other morning K woke up and climbed into bed with me to snuggle before Em woke up. We were laying there talking and singing and stuff and he tells me he's hungry... I ask him what he wants and he starts listing things off. Then his tummy growls. He says "Mommy, that was my tummy. *giggle* It's talkin'!" Oh my goodness, he's been driving me crazy lately- but in that moment I could've kissed him all over his face and pinched his wittle cheeks. haha. Usually Em doesn't want to sing anything... but as of yesterday it's all "Do-do-do-do-d-Dora! DORA!" all the time. Um, yeah... my kids are hilarious.

Back to spring... last night was dreadful. I had a headache, I was exhausted and I started the gym again today for the first time in a week. Tonight I hung out with dad trying to fix my mower while my kids had a playdate. They ran around and played for over 2 hours... it's only 9:15, they're passed out. We planted flowers today (Kegan chose watermelon) and I honestly believe they were disappointed that nothing sprouted up as soon as we planted and watered them. It was cute... they were ready with their dora and diego gloves, shovels and everything- then when nothing happened they just ran off to their tricycles. I love how exhausted they are... It means I can finish my work downstairs, take a hot shower (with someone banging on the door shouting "Mommmm, what are you doing in there?!" Yeah- that happened) and go to bed before midnight for once!

Before..

Getting her seeds ready to plant.

They make my heart happy.

I was hoping to kick butt my first day back on the treadmill after my birthday, the kids being sick and my friend hurting her back really badly. Not so much. I only managed a mile and a half before I did weights, tanned and left. It didn't help that I got pulled off after 7 minutes to change Em's diaper. Tomorrow I'll do better. :)

"In spring time, at the end of the day... you should smell like dirt."

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment