Wednesday, April 6, 2011

it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

I attempted to go to bed at 1 a.m. My throat hurts so bad that I had zero luck crashing till 1:30, Em was up 1:45-2. Then my hubby had left me a message at midnight that I didn't recieve till 4 a.m. Phone goes off, I'm up. Then mi padre text at 6 asking if I was up (and I had been up and down getting ice chips, cough drops, etc) so I just said yeah and he dropped by on his way to work. So, it didn't feel like my birthday at first... but it's starting to. Had to plug my phone in to charge from love. lol. I'm so blessed. K woke up this morning and I said "Do you know what today is?" He smiles and shouts "It's your birthdayyyy Mommy!" Emily snuggles up on the couch next to me and puts her head on my shoulder. She just looked at me and said "Mommy, Love you" and gave me big hugs and kisses- and for her, there's no reason. She's not old enough to understand birthdays, she just loves her mama. <3

I thought I'd be all emotional, and I am... but not the same way I thought I'd be. I think I was psyching myself out with being a year from 25. Then it hit me that as I'm getting further into adulthood, I'm learning to truly appreciate the meaningful things in my life. I'm so blessed... so even though I feel worse than crummy, I'm going to enjoy this day. Made a hair appointment for 3 p.m. so at least I'm doing that, right? Maybe if I feel better I'll make the red velvet cake (as long as I can get volunteers to help me eat it, ha!).

Thanks everyone for the love and wishes. I'm so thankful!
Love, Love!

One of the signs of passing youth is the birth of a sense of fellowship with other human beings as we take our place among them.
- Virginia Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment