Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.

I just rushed from the dinner table to the computer to get this down before I forget the details or leave out any cuteness. haha.

I made chicken tonight and just seasoned it enough to give it taste, mac and cheese and a veggie. Sick children plus 2 hours on the phone with my husband (till midnight) exhausts me- so I'm not in a gourmet sort of mood. Anyway, I guess I should specify that I made -Toy Story- mac and cheese but that I didn't say anything about it to the kiddos because they could care less. (Yeah, yeah... it's MY favorite.) We're eating quietly (Kegan and I were, Em just played in it, aghhh) and I start to hear Kegan whispering "Buzz Lightyear, is that you?" and then eating him... "woody!" *chomp* Finally he notices me watching him and smiles his cheesiest smile and says "Thanks for making me this chicken, mommy. It's good!" I told him "thank you" and we went back to eating- he resumed his "woody! Buzz!" thing and when I giggled at him he gives me an amused look and says "Stop playing with your food, MOMMMM!"

Poor little man doesn't feel good at all. He's coughing, breathing heavy and has almost totally lost his voice. (though, I will be honest- his little raspy voice is adorable because he sounds like a little man). It's been an exhausting couple of days... otherwise, lots of cardio- went to and rocked my 2nd spin class, cleaning and Grey's Anatomy. haha.

Nothing else exciting besides getting to see the hubbs for 3 days... I am psyched! 6 weeks is entirely too long. A little sad that we don't have much time, but kind of tentatively planning a trip down there for his four day weekend next month if we can find dog-siters. Might as well have a small family vacation to texas while he's already down there, right? :)

Praying for an early bedtime tonight. yawwwn.

Valentine's Day:


Little diva. haha.


I took down Kegan's Thomas bed and put the toy story one together (by myself) and surprised him on Vday.

Em's Valentine's day gift from Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment