Monday, March 28, 2011

The only thing that I have ever successfully made in the kitchen is a mess.

Okay, so we decided to do some baking today. Kegan and I were singing and snuggling last night after Emily went to bed and I promised him that if he went all the way through them, we'd "bake" or make something in the kitchen together today. He did GREAT. Even if he hadn't, I'd still have let them help me. So we went to the gym (I kicked behind AND I met an older lady who I talked with while we lifted in the women's weight room) and then ran to walmart. Who knew that they made oreo icing?



Tell me it's not one of the greatest things ever invented?

I finally decided we'd do a frozen oreo pie!

Step 1: hand-washing is important.


all the ingredients/utensils ready to go!

Smashing those oreos! They used their spatulas.

Mama's helpers. :)

Stirring the pudding mix.

Stirring the oreos in after the pudding/milk set for 5 minutes.

Proud of our creation. :)

And licking the utensils. Waste not. :)

Voila! Freeze for several hours and serve.


What mom really wants to create MORE mess for herself to clean up? But when you prepare ahead of time, it's not so bad. And even if it WAS a huge mess to deal with, the memories and the things they learn are worth it. The smiles on my babies' faces were worth it. We're going to have to do this a lot more. :)

It was a good day.

Even when freshly washed and relieved of all obvious confections, children tend to be sticky.  ~Fran Lebowitz

No comments:

Post a Comment