Monday, March 14, 2011

God Bless Texas.

If I didn't have dogs, I would NOT be going back home this weekend... I'd be buying us more clothes and staying exactly where we are.

The drive down wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be... I was exhausted after 2 1/2 hours, but after some coffee and amusing conversation, I was good to go till about 3 a.m. Jer picked us up at his exit at 3:30-ish and we were back here by 3:45- the kids passed out around 4:45 and I think we were out by 5:30. Of course, I couldn't sleep in even though I'd been up for 22 hours... so I was wide awake at 7:30. What is the deal? We got up and went exploring for a bit- I found Coach shoes at the Ft Hood PX for $12! I looooove them... and they were not only the last pair, but in my size. Meant to be? I believe so.

Bonus? They're THE most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

We hung out at Jer's apartment (the kids took a nap) so he could go into work for a meeting before we headed to Cibolo (near Sea World). The kids snuggled up so sweetly together. 



Headed out. :)

We got stuck in crazy traffic (I have a newfound respect for my husband and his driving afterwards) but eventually made it to his aunt and uncle's house... we visited and crashed semi-early since we'd only had 2 hours of sleep. I went garage sale shopping with them the next morning while Jer and the kids slept in and got ready... found some pretty cute stuff AND got to go to the Randolph AFB commissary, which was huge and way nicer than ours! The whole experience makes me realize that there's a much larger, more exciting world outside of Leavenworth, which is where I've spent 98% of my life. We lived in Olathe for a year and Kansas City for 2 years... plus vacations (FL, CA, TX, AR, CO, NM, etc). I've always been in our tiny town. I've never gotten to really experience anything else... and I have finally reached a point in my life where I'm ready to take that leap. I want to take that leap. The only thing keeping me away from here is our dogs, we can't have them here. I found a home for Jack, if the lady calls me this week. I need something to work out... because more than anything, this is where I want to be now.

Sea World was AMAZING. We ran a little late getting there, parking was expensive, the lines to get in were insane and by the time we RAN to make it to the 12:30 Shamu show, all the craziness melted away. Those whales are absolutely beautiful. I've never seen an animal so amazing.... till we fed the dolphins that is. :) Jer and I took Kegan on his first water rollercoaster and Em stayed with my friend and her little girl. We were both pretty proud of him.
















We had an amazing time with our friends and our family. Love them all. :) After we left Cibolo, we stopped at the Tanger outlet at San Marco and it was AMAZING. The disney store outlet and the Coach outlet were awesome! We drove the rest of the way through, picked up some dinner and finally made it home just after 8. I wish I could say we all crashed, but the kids napped in the car so we were up after midnight. This daylight savings thing is finally kind of kicking my behind. lol.



Spoiled, sleepy, happy babies.


It was a GREAT weekend. More to come. :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome ashley! And you should come to Hawaii and see the wholphin. Half dolphin, half killer whale. Uhh crazy amazing.

    ReplyDelete