Thursday, March 15, 2012

Home is where my husband is.

At first, I'll be honest. I didn't like it here much. There are a lot of sketchy areas and it's VERY easy to get lost, a lot of people are rude and the drivers are INSANE. Not what I remembered from our visits here, except the crazy drivers. Last year it was literally all fun and games and vacation spots. Nothing like the day to day routine that we started to experience here once hubby went back to work. I was missing my family, my hometown, my friends, our church friends. It was a little bit awful at first. Even though I'm happy to be with my husband and have my babies with their daddy, I just felt out of my element. I was in denial that we were staying here and kept lagging in the unpacking stage. I'm not really sure when it clicked, when it got comfortable or when it became "home"... but that's what has happened. I love it here. I love the weather, I love how busy it is all the time (if you know me, you know I'm a go person... you can sleep when you're dead)... and I LOVE having my family together. Sometimes we'll be at the park and hubby is on lunch and can swing by to say hi. Sometimes he actually gets to come home for lunch. Now we're able to have dinner together and most weekends.

So... the house, first. Right?


Outside.

Dining room area next to living room

Tiny kitchen.. next to dining area. I'm getting used to it. It's 1/2 the size of my KS space.

Keg & Em's bathroom. :)

Bathroom in the Master bedroom. My hubby is tolerant. ha.

This is easily the 10th time we've done his room since the move- it's still a work in progress.

Our babygirl's big girl bed! Her room is also still in progress.

Finished dining area.

Living room, fireplace and new couch. The door leads to our HUGE back porch.

Wall pieces for little man's room. The 2 on each side are from Etsy.

So that's most of the house. It's a work in progress... hubby and I are working on the front yard area and I'll get to that when we get some (consistent) nice weather. :)

I still miss my family every single day. Especially weeks like this one... the anniversary of my first dog's death, my grandfather's birthday and my cousin's birthday. But we've recently started skyping, so that helps. No matter what, home is where my husband is. It helps that I love it here and will be sad when we re-locate.

No comments:

Post a Comment