Thursday, March 14, 2013

September-January Recap.

I'm going to have to try a lot harder to update more than every six months ! Since September... we went home and visited family (October), November we spent Thanksgiving with my hubby's family (and black friday shopped) and December was a blur because a day after our October trip to Kansas... the husband got a call offering him an AGR position in California. We had 48 hours to decide and... surprise, we took it! We now live just about an hour from Disneyland, we visited Hollywood the day before the Oscars. After going home to Kansas again for Christmas. Easier to sum it up with  photos. I really missed the trees changing color and the cooler weather. Turns out, it does happen in Texas, but it happens when it's winter everywhere else. :)







This is the same pumpkin patch we took the kids to every year since my K-man was a tiny thing. Great memories! Sad that we probably won't make it this year... it's a day and a half drive! :(




Thanksgiving 2012 with the in-laws.... it was good times, great food. I miss them a lot.

A week or so later, I got influenza from my little man and lost 12 pounds. Never been so scared for my kiddos, ever. No sleep, sick myself and seeing them that miserable was the absolute worst experience. I haven't had soda since though. Almost 4 1/2  months now!

December consisted of packing, cleaning, getting rid of stuff and spending time with our best Texas friends. I miss Texas, and miss them. I kicked and screamed moving there and I am pretty sure I cried more when we left Texas than a year before when we moved from Kansas. Lots and lots of "see you later" was overwhelming. It's nice to still be able to keep in touch, though. Planning to have friends to stay with us here this summer, cannot wait!

Christmas/farewell summary-







Christmas in Kansas...





Great times! :)

We traveled from Kansas to Colorado, then through the Rocky Mountains to Utah, crashed for the night and then moved on to Las Vegas. GREAT trip. It was exhausting, but well worth the memories.















Bellagio fountains! We waited 45 minutes for about a 5 minute show... but it was worth it just to check it off the bucket list.



Another bucket list... top of the (Vegas) Eiffel tower. 



View from the top.


Kids on the top!




We spent 3 weeks living in a hotel. Exploring the area and fell in love. We got K in his new school, which (long story), we later transferred him out of. It wasn't in our housing area and there was insane drama between some of the parents in the class that made the learning environment less than idyllic for our kiddo. So we moved in, switched school and finally have settled into our routine. 




It's beautiful here!

And that's all I've got for now. I missed a lot, I'm sure... but to get to the next, it was necessary. And proves a point for what I'm working next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment