Saturday, April 7, 2012

You only live once! [25th birthday!]

So... I didn't have high expecations for my birthday. Not that I wasn't excited and didn't think I'd have a good day- but I couldn't decide (up till the morning of) what I wanted to do. We were planning a beach trip and the money set aside for that, we agreed to put toward rescuing our new addition, our Chi-weenie Bentley. It's something I believe in, something he supported and I was happy to post-pone the beach (giving myself more time to get beach-ready anyway) for our little pound puppy. He came from a bad environment and then spent 7 months in an animal shelter. No joke. So a week before he was to be put down, we took him home and made him part of our family. Our dogs love him, kids love him and he fits right in. He's skiddish because of what he's been through, but I can hardly blame him for that. It's been a few weeks and he's finally getting over it. He no longer runs and hides from me when I go to pick him up- and he is playing/snuggling with our other furbabies.

Anyway... up until this happened I was planning to go to Corpus Christi for my birthday. Just a small family get-a-way. So I looked into the zoo, shopping, sea world, stuff to do around the area. Nothing sounded like something I absolutely HAD to do on the day I got to do whatever I wanted. The night before googled the zoo we'd decided on and changed my mind... waking up on my birthday with no plan. We started heading to Austin, where I ended up mentioning I was curious about the Inner Space Cavern... hubby pulled off and we went.SO MUCH FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment