Monday, October 3, 2011

You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.

This is how we feel today. All 3 of us. I'm so grateful he's not in harm's way and that we had an entire month together. But it doesn't get easier with time. The stronger we become as a family, the harder it is to be apart. I feel so blessed with that- it was a great few weeks away.

So, tradition! We -did- get to go to the Pumpkin Patch. We did just about everything this year... pony and hay ride, pumpkin carving!

Last year, K wanted -nothing- to do with the inside of the pumpkin or the carving. Went a little bit like this:



THIS year went like this...



I think it was all the manly-man diggin in the dirt bonding time with his daddy. Either way, it was a blast with him!

Pumpkin carving with Em was like a flashback of K the year before. She looked at me like I'd completely betrayed her. Poor kiddo. Hopefully next year will be better, but because she's a girl... I won't hold my breath. After the "guts" were gone she came back around.

And the pumpkin patch itself:



Guess it was K's turn to close his eyes. I wanted this one as our family '11 pic!




K-monster took this!! We may have a future photographer. :)




It was an amazing family day. Looking forward to some fall fun with the kiddies- got some projects coming up. I am also excited for "The Lion King" on dvd and bluray tomorrow! I love sharing the classics I grew up with with my kids.

What're your favorite fall traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment