Wednesday, October 12, 2011

#nostalgia.



Life is good.

Childhood is too short for me to not give them this happiness every single moment I can. I owe it to them to give them the best childhood they can possibly have. Realizing that Keg will be starting school next year is throwing me for a loop. How does it go so fast? I am already missing him. Imagine that. :) Life is short- even when kids are acting like monsters kids, even when it's tough- it's not time to be wasted. I'm not sure if I'm maturing, not sure if I'm just refusing to take my "job" for granted, but it's been an eye opening few weeks for me and my approach to parenting has changed greatly. We've always done things together, read stories, had our learning time, watched movies, etc. But I don't feel like I always enjoyed it the way I should. Or sometimes I'd be frustrated, tired, whatever and not take the time to really -realize- how truly amazing my kiddos are. They're smart and fun and creative. I don't just love them, I really like them as people too.

You have one chance to give your babies a happy childhood. Do it right, make it count. NO regrets. Once they're grown, they're grown and as I'm learning, you can't go back. I wish I could make my baby a boy a baby again (sometimes, and still potty trained, haha).

Feels like I snapped my fingers and we went from

Baby:


... to big boy.


And then we did it again, it went even faster.



Where do those babies go? I am loving their toddler years- watching them grow into their own personalities, develop differently. Sometimes I just want to hold them tight and demand that they stop growing up, just for a little while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment