Thursday, September 8, 2011

Princess Bash- the food and the play.

The Food.


Belle IS cake, walmart bakery made her. Em wanted "a big, BIG cupcake, okay?!" for her birthday.


The chocolate fountain went better this time than it did last year, but I couldn't get it level somehow. Either way, it was delicious and everyone loved it! I served the chocolate with strawberries, marshmallows, pretzel rods and rice krispies treats! In hindsight, I wish I'd had something not sweet besides the vegetable pizza. Everything pretty much had fruit in it, but there was a TON of chocolate!

I served these, of course! Which were also a hit. A little time consuming if you have other things to be doing though. My oh-so-awesome husband helped for a bit. :)
What would a princess party be without chocolate covered strawberries? I also served fruit pizza over a brownie crust and vegetable pizza. Wish I'd done something like a cheese, meat and cracker tray and put more effort into coming up with a royal punch. Saving that (and my raspberry ice cube trays-yes you put the fruit in with water and freeze it!) for future parties.
I am happy to share any of my recipes, but will have to ask to share the "heavenly fruit dip" (with grapes, strawberries, cantaloupe and pineapple)- which also got excellent reviews.
The icing on the cake is the fabulous castle created by our friend.


Playtime.


My little knight with his Pssshhh. face.


The girls had dresses and shoes to choose from that they could wear/change throughout the party. Unfortunately my child didn't want to just throw them on over her clothes.

Mom's turn.

Shirts I made us.


All the kiddos got into the Knight play!

Our beautiful birthday girl!

After the party was over, she pulled out and played with every single one of her toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment